On offer is an opportunity to build on your sales career, while supporting an organisation that provides opportunities for young people in Brisbane.
Switch 1197 is Brisbane’s only dedicated youth community radio station. As well as broadcasting an awesome mix of music and an interesting array of programs, Switch 1197 provides unique and highly valuable opportunities for young people and students to gain practical, real-world experience in fields such as journalism, electronics, marketing, business operations and music.
We are seeking an experienced salesperson to sell sponsorship (similar in concept to advertising). You will be supported in this role by a small team who will be generating leads for you.
On offer is are flexible work hours and a generous commission structure. Please note that in the short term, this position will be commission only. Switch is prepared to negotiate a salary or retainer after completion of a probationary period.
The key responsibilities for the role are:
– Assisting in sourcing sponsorship opportunities, and managing new and existing client relationships
– Maintaining sales client lists and producing monthly sales reports
– Preparing individual client sponsorship proposals & contracts
– Sourcing ‘contra’ opportunities for prizes and giveaways for our on-air promotions, competitions, monthly membership prize draws, fundraising campaigns and membership benefits.
– Coordinating the production of sponsorship advertisements with our preferred media company
– Professional development by reflecting on performance
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
– Experience in business to business sales – media sales experience an advantage
– Ability to communicate well in person, on the phone and in writing
– Well presented
– Ability to maintain accurate records
– Own transport
This position is available for an immediate start for the right candidate.
Please forward your resume and a cover letter that tells us why you are the best candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org